Cedar Point Amusement Park - a Cedar Fair Park
Cedar Point Amusement Park has been voted the best amusement park on earth by Amusement Today readers for multiple years! Opened in 1870, Cedar Point Amusement Park, located on the shores of Lake Erie, in Sandusky, Ohio is home to more rides and roller coasters than any other amusement park in the world! The historic amusement park also features a wide variety of live shows, merchandise gift shops, restaurants, games, children’s areas and much more. Cedar Point is also home to an 18-acre waterpark (Soak City), a mile-long beach, three resort hotels, an indoor waterpark/resort, a luxury RV campground including cottages and cabins, and two large marinas.
Why should you work for Cedar Point?
· Located right on the shore of Lake Erie in Sandusky, Ohio.
· FREE admission to Cedar Point (including 17 roller coasters, rides, live shows, and more) & Soak City Waterpark (including water slides, rivers, and pools)!
· Supervised, furnished, on-site employee housing (rent is $30.00 to $45.00 per week) with wireless internet access in all common areas. Dormitory style housing - multiple occupancy (2-3 roommates).
· Inexpensive employee breakfast, lunch & dinner menu at our cafeteria.
· Employee Recreation Center with free Internet access, sandwich shop, table tennis tables, pool tables, games, basketball court, soccer field, sand volleyball & big screen televisions.
· FREE Uniforms (laundered free, too!).
· FREE employee activities program including employee-only parties, picnics, and more! Also, inexpensive bus trips arranged to areas of interest (Niagara Falls, Chicago, etc.).
"I feel good with my job (Front Desk Clerk/Supervisor) since it allows me to communicate with Americans and other nationalities."- Patricia M (Philippines), Spring 2016
"I enjoy my work and I get to meet many people from different countries." - IC Ailennor U (Philippines), Spring 2016
"Everything and everyone in my job is amazing." - Nicole G (Ecuador), Spring 2016
About Sandusky, OH:
Sandusky is a small city located on the shores of Lake Erie, one of the five Great Lakes. It is a popular vacation destination for families around the world, and Cedar Point is the primary attraction. Sandusky is located between the major cities of Toledo and Cleveland and is accessible by car, train, bus and ferry.
For more information visit these sites:
Things to Do in Sandusky
Watch this video from Cedar Point!
How to Get There
We recommend flying into the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (airport code CLE).
Travel from the airport to the Greyhound Station by taking the RTA (Rapid Transit Authority) RED LINE train to the Tower City-Public Square stop. Then take an RTA bus to 15th Street and Chester Ave. From the Greyhound bus station (1465 Chester Ave) take a bus to Sandusky, OH. Visit Greyhound to confirm schedules and fares at www.greyhound.com.
Please note: Students should arrive at the Human Resources office between the hours of 8am and 4pm, no earlier than 24 hours before you are scheduled to start work. *Cedar Point housing is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you arrive after 4pm, you can "check-in" to housing at the Commons Store. Students arriving after 4pm should report to Human Resources between 8:30am-9:30am the following morning.
If arriving in Cleveland after the last Greyhound bus to Sandusky, students should spend the night in Cleveland. Cedar Point is not able to pick up stranded students.