Position Offered : Food & Beverage StaffJob Start Dates : 5/20/2017 - 6/15/2017Job End Dates : 9/9/2017 - 9/15/2017Minimum Work Period : See work datesEnglish Language Level : (6) AdvancedQualification : • Must be able to speak, write, read and comprehend written and verbal English.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
• Clean and well groomed appearance.
• Excellent communication and hospitality skills (English IS required)!
• Customer Service: A friendly, relaxing demeanor, courteousness and quick service will help you get repeat customers.
• Stamina: Expect long, busy days on your feet. You also might need to lift heavy objects like pool furniture.
• Teamwork: You will be working with members of the hotel to make a great dining experience. Being a team player is essential.
• CPR Certification will be required
• You must be able to swim at least 50 meters without stopping
• You must be able to tread water for 2 minutes continuously
• You must be able to pass a swim test which will be administered on your first day. This will include both the distance and water tread tests.
Position Description: Students will be working a variety of jobs including, but not limited to: servers, bussers, banquet staff and room service attendants.
Job responsibilities for server mean that you will be expected to effectively take and deliver food and beverage orders.
You will need to:
• Accurately and quickly take and place all food orders with the kitchen.
• Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items and specials and prices of all items.
• Prepare and deliver beverage and dessert choices
• Check food to make sure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and deliver food orders in a timely fashion
• Collect payment from the guest
• Work with a computer system for food ordering/placing, so you need to be prepared to learn!
• On days when you are bussing, you will also be expected to:
• Clean, clear and reset dining room tables
• Assist in seating and greeting of the guest
• Clean and restock service items
• Help with servers, filling water glasses and keeping up with general restaurant cleanliness
Dining Room Attendants // Bussers clean tables, taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed, make sure diners' water glasses are full, and reset tables for the next service. Bussers might help waiters and waitresses bring food out to a table, restock utensils, napkins and other dining room needs.
Bussers aren't the front line of food service, but customer attentiveness and a neat appearance are still necessary. Bussers make sure waiters and waitresses can focus on the diners and make sure that food comes out in a speedy manner.
Banquet Staff will help with setup, breakdown and management of various events. These could be corporate functions, weddings, reunions or other group gatherings. You will be expected to set up tables, linens, serve drinks, food, answer guest questions and clean up after the event. These could be early in the morning or late in the evening.
Room Service Attendants are expected to take room service orders, in put the order into the system, and deliver trays, beverages and food items to guest rooms. Attention to detail is necessary to make sure your tray is full of the proper items and food is delivered in a timely manner!
Download the Employer Profile.
Download the Job Profile.