Position Offered : LifeguardJob Start Dates : 5/19/2017 - 6/30/2017Job End Dates : 8/27/2017 - 9/4/2017Minimum Work Period : See work datesEnglish Language Level : (5) Upper IntermediateQualification : * All lifeguard applicants must successfully complete the Star Guard Lifeguard Training prior to being extended a final job offer. All training is conducted onsite at Myrtle Waves Water Park.
* First Aid and CPR training is provided during the lifeguard training class. Must be able to pass these classes.
* Prerequisites for the lifeguard course include:
Swim 100 yards continously using an approach stroke (breast stroke or front crawl)
Retrieve a 10 lb brick from the deepest part of the pool
Tread water without the use of their hands for 2 minutes
* Must be a strong swimmer
* Must be in good physical strength
* Must have the ability to read, write, and understand instructions given in the English language. Position Description: * Perform responsibilities related to the IAM Elite Aquatic Risk Prevention Program.
* Provide swimmer protection of aquatic areas, dispatch attractions, rule enforcement, administer first aid and CPR, and provide exceptional customer service.
* Must attend a minimum of 4 hours of in-service training per month to retain an active license.
* Participate in park's audit program.
* Continuously maintain 10/20-protection rule over the customers in their respective area while on the lifeguard stand.
* Respond to any situations that compromise the safety of the guests in their respective area while on the lifeguard stand.
* Ensure all riders meet minimum height requirements.
* Adhere to all operating procedures as outlined in the water park standard operating procedures for the positions they are staffing. This includes, but is not limited to: completing morning safety checklist, operating attraction, cleaning area, immediately addressing any water park attraction maintenance concerns and/or stopping operation (if necessary).
* Maintain an environment that keeps safety the number one concern for all customers and employees.
* Contribute to park clean up, including park pick up, etc.
* Keep a clean orderly work area.
* Greet guests, visitors and employees in a friendly and courteous manner.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Resolves guest complaints and answers questions of guests, visitors and employees.
* Adhere to rotation schedule.
* Ensure professional development to enhance work knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, standards, guidelines, expectations and requirements.
* Ensure completion of work responsibilities and special projects in accordance with the designated timeframe, as determined by the reporting leader.
* Adhere to company ethical requirements, demonstrating the utmost integrity in all professional and personal matters.
* Provide reporting leader with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely consistent basis.
* Employees may be asked to move to different locations or job assignments within the property, as needed.
* Complete other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
Download the Employer Profile.
Download the Job Profile.